<VV> Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Kwoverby at aol.com Kwoverby at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 18:28:04 EDT 2007

I was cruising down the interstate Friday afternoon when all of a sudden it
sounded like I was out of gas. I heard the flat sounding engine. Then it
started  running again. I said to myself I had better get off the highway. I got  1
 mile to go to an exit. It ran fine. I started for home and went two  more
miles and that was all she wrote. I got out and popped the air cleaner and
pulled the throttle linkage and nothing came out. Hmmm, fuel pump. After calling
the wife, getting the trailer and getting it home, I took apart the pump. One
of  the check valves came out of the casting. All I need to do is to put it
back in,  stake it and put it back together. It has been awhile since I had a
pump apart.  As I remember, the check valves go in opposite directions. Can
anyone confirm  this for me? The other side is still in place (it will also get
staked), so  putting in this one should not be any problem. I just don't know
which way to  put it in.

Thanks for the help.

Ken Overby