<VV> A/C add on/non original /modern underdash/r134a/undercar condens/sanden comp

Tamias Metis korvayrouille66 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 20:18:09 EDT 2007

Those of you contemplating adding a  non stock  air conditioning system  should take a look at the May 2007 Hot VW's magazine with a short pictorial article where they added a modern underdash A/C system  on to a  1968 - 1971 VW Bus.   Its worth looking at  - the Sanden compressor (not sure of the exact model,  as I just briefly looked at  someone else's magazine)  -- the Sanden compressor is small and appears that it would adapt nicely to the Corvair.   Take a look at how the condenser  is  mounted  horizontally beneath the Bus.   Hot VW's  is  at many  grocery/ retail/booksellers where you could glance at it.  The A/C system for this installation was adapted/developed by a firm out of sunny and hot , humid Florida,  USA.   Definitely looks like it might work well on a Greenbrier   The recent Richard Finch book on A/C :,  How to Air Condition Any Corvair... is a  probably the #1 must have on the subject based on what people tell me.    - Tamias  Metis