<VV> Rubber Bumpers for 64 Deluxe Van

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 19:19:17 EDT 2007

I'm having the van restored and the guys doing the work have lost some
parts. What I'm trying to locate are the correct rubber bumpers (and  fasteners)
that attach to the two side doors (preventing the doors from  hitting the body
when doors are opened fully. I HAVE the bumper which goes  on the side door
handle.

The two bumpers of which I speak attach: 1) high on the left (rear  most)
intermediate door, and 2) low on the right (front most) intermediate  door (the
one with the outside handle). There is a square hole for  attaching the bumper
onto the left intermediate door, but I'm not sure  about what type of hole is
supplied through the right intermediate door  (the vehicle is in the shop as I
write).

I attempted to order what I need through Clark's; working with their tech
support I ordered bumper part # C9926R and screws # C5854. Those parts, at
least alone, will not fill the bill. The new bumper is flat on the side  facing
the door (I expected to see a molded square to match the hole in the  door.
Also, the screws sent are standard sheet metal screws, and the hole  through the
center of the bumper is at least twice the diameter of the  screw.

Can someone smarter than I supply information as to the characteristics of
the parts I should be acquiring? (And, perhaps where to get  them.)

Paste the following link in your browser to see the bumpers of which I
speak. Again, I have the door handle bumper covered; what are needed are the  other
two black bumpers seen in the photo:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1049614688037639846SNRnfp

Thank you,
Mike Mauro