<VV> #6001

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Apr 5 18:30:59 EDT 2007

Only partly. There WAS another body completed by Fisher Body. But it was
done, apparently, halfway thru the run, with the intention of never
completing it. It was shipped to the Pate museum in Texas on a pallet
(since the Chevy part of a complete car was never installed) and ended
up being sold to a local Corvair club member. It was shown, still on its
pallet, at the '95 convention in Dallas. It's "body" number is XXXXXX,
and is red with a black interior. No serial number, since that's part of
what Chevy did. World's biggest doorstop, as my buddy calls it. LOL

So, yes, that half of Sarah's story is "April Fools".

-Mark C

P.S. Personally, I think that presenting "news" as truth and calling it
a joke is getting a bit long of tooth. Hope there's a proper retraction
in the next CC, but I doubt they have that much integrity.