<VV> April Fools Issue

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Thu Apr 5 20:32:14 EDT 2007

All forms of writing (in fact communications in general) have thier
supporters and detractors. I live on satire and absurdity  - Linda
generally doesn't like either. I am painfully aware that there are those
who do not like my spokesanimals, the Gritzls or many of the other
strange comics I use to promote my business. I have people who tell me
that my music on hold is annoying.

In life there will always be those who complain. I am who I am and the
silliness is the heart and personality of my business. Of course when
the number of complainers reach more than a handful I then have to
re-think my company image. The recent venom (in the part of very few, I
must point out) agains Phonix Charlie is another great example.

What if Charlie, I and anyone else with an offbeat sense of humor went
away? The Communique would be as dry as a tech manual. Do you think that
we'd build our membership base up from what it is now? For years it's
been said that Corsa is different from other car clubs owing mostly to
our lack of pretension and our "group" sense of humor. many things are
changing in the Corvair hobby - I hope one of the changes IS NOT that
we're becoming more like the snootier car clubs.

"If your master is surley from getting up early
(And tempers are short in the morning)
An inopertune joke is enough to provoke him
To give you at once a month's warning.

But if you refrain, he is at you again
(For he likes to get value for money)
He'll ask then and there with an insolent stare
If you know that you're paid to be funny."

WS Gilbert  (The Yeoman of the Guard)

If you don't get the joke - just ignore it.    Lon