<VV> April Fools Issue

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Apr 5 23:18:04 EDT 2007

Lon,

Phoenix Charlie's and your own offbeat humor are marks of your
personality. That's perfectly acceptable. But the CC isn't a person (nor
is it billed as a comic publication). It's (supposedly) a club news
source. THAT is a big difference. If the "jokes" were labeled as such,
and not mixed in with REAL news, that would be acceptable. But not as a
mixture of truth and humor/satire writings. (Sarah's column falls into
this description.) Satire is only good as long as it is recognizable as
such, labeled or not.

The difference between a comic and a comedian, as one famous comedian
once said, is that a comic says funny things, while a comedian says
things funny. There is a difference between good humor and bad humor,
and the masters of humor know the difference. It's why only masters of
humor are refered to as comedians. Maybe that difference is sometimes a
fine line, but it's a distinct one. I'm beginning to wonder if the CORSA
head office can tell the difference, and where to draw the line.
Obviously there are no comedians among them.

I love a good joke as much as the next guy. But some things wear thin
after a while, particularly if the humor isn't very good or tasteful.
This "April Fools issue" idea is wearing thin, IMHO.

-Mark