<VV> Oil pressure switch... Electric fuel pump wiring

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 7 16:57:47 EDT 2007

Hey guys. I have a couple of questions. Last week I ask for info on
wiring up an electric fuel pump. I got lots of replies. Thank you for
all of them.

The route I'm going is to use a three prong oil pressure switch (OPS)
on the ground wire and connect the positive wire up to a battery hot
wire [dreaded RED platic thingy] with a fuse. The OPS is a 70's style
Vega/Monza model (Thanks Donald Broadhead and Matt Nall)

The OPS I picked up at NAPA auto parts [part number ECH OP6610] has
three terminals. Two that oppose each other and one between them that
goes out to the side. The center one gets the existing idiot light
wire. The other two complete the ground circuit for the fuel pump.
One connected to the fuel pump and the other grounded.

My question is this: There are letters on these terminals. On the two
that oppose each other one has an 'I' and the other has a 'P'. The
other one has the letter 'S' on it.
What do these letters mean? Any ideas?

Also, can anyone recommend a fuse size for this application?
-C

Cash Case
cash.case at sbcglobal.net
www.cashcase.us