<VV> Newsweek Corvair mention

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Sat Apr 7 21:01:48 EDT 2007

On my way to Florida last week, I stopped in at the Summit Racing Outlet
south of Atlanta.  While there, we met a couple of guys, one of whom was
restoring a 66 Mustang.  I told him about my Corvair.  He mentioned that his
first car was a 63 Corvair.  Not long after he brought it home, (around
1967) his father presented him with a copy of the book.  Sounds like Ned's
father.

Anyway, I asked him to send me a list of the titles. Interestingly the
Corvair was the only car to have its own title, which adds to the belief
that it was all about the Corvair.  The other chapters all deal with the
design process, safety concerns, etc.  I would imagine other cars received
at least some mention.

According to him, Chapter one was devoted to the Corvair, the remaining
chapters were:
2. Disaster Deferred
3. The Second Collison
4.  The Power to Pollute