<VV> The 3 Greatest Corvair Improvements

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 14:38:22 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/7/2007 4:09:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lonwall at corvairunderground.com writes:

What  would you add to the list?
The rules -

The impovement MUST solve a  recognized Corvair problem.

I would have to add some kind of heater/defroster improvement. Since the
"Fresh" air (haha) heater was used on 61's and later, it applies to earlies and
lates. Perhaps some kind of sealed heat exchanger could be used to provide
filtered & heated air from somewhere other than out of the underside of the
motor. I realize the cost (both in dollars and gas mileage) of the gas heater.
Even ignoring the CO output of exhaust leaks, and the hard-O-ring oil dripping
to the exhaust manifold, the "Fresh" air system still passes along any engine
 compartment smells - whether due to leaks or anything else. There should be
something better. - Seth Emerson