<VV> Long Drive

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun Apr 8 17:05:18 EDT 2007

From: "J R Read_HML"
Subject: Longest Vair trip in a day
What is the longest distance YOU drove a Corvair in one day? This would not
include switching off drivers. But, if you post that, you should say how
many drivers shared the duties.
Mine was to the Dallas convention from Glen Ellyn, IL. 920 miles in 15
hours including stops. No, I was NOT wearing diapers.
  Smitty says:  I think my longest (and I don't even remember the mileage) was from KCK to St Cathrens in Canada in 13 hrs.  Made a straight through from VA Beach to KCK, or the reverse, in under 24 hrs several times but my wife drove at least 6 or 8 hrs of that.