<VV> Longest Vair trip in a day

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Apr 9 10:01:22 EDT 2007

>> OK...  For entertainment purposes only..  on a bit of a holiday.
>>
>> What is the longest distance YOU drove a Corvair in one day?  This would not
>> include switching off drivers.  But, if you post that, you should say how
>> many drivers shared the duties.

2003 - Albuquerque to Palm Springs.    For the fan belt toss.  Drove the
whole way there, except
about 80 miles in the middle.   Then drove all the way back myself with
only stops  for gas and to replace a broken rocker arm.  This was  in
my '63 coupe.   About 700 miles door to door each way.    Did the trip
again with
Del Patten in 2004 but he drove the whole time.   Getting
ready to make
the same trip shortly in my friends '65 Sedan - this time to go to the
Coachella music festival (other end of the valley).

-Geoff Johnson