<VV> Transmission issue

GYoungwolf at aol.com GYoungwolf at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 18:25:06 EDT 2007

I am writing this from information I gleaned from a call from a shop working
on a McClaren kit car with a V8 and Corvair 4-speed transmission. The shop is
trying to repair or solve a problem with the transmission going into and
staying in reverse. The owner told the shop that they could not shift it into
reverse with the shifter but could be put in reverse by hand (no, I'm not sure what
that means), but that it would pop out once under way. I have heard stories
of owners choosing to hold the shifter in the reverse position, rather than
deal with a cumbersome adjustment. Any ideas what might solve the problem? The
shop has the transmission apart and noticed only slight wear in the 1-2 shift
area. Thanks for any help.
Grant