<VV> The 3 Greatest Corvair Improvements

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Apr 9 20:47:46 EDT 2007

So you don't get caught in the middle of nowhere with NO "special"
Corvair parts available. The QC bearings use common alternator bearings,
and can be replaced with nothing more than a 1/4" drive socket set and a
Phillips screwdriver. The factory bearing is a SPECIAL bearing, pressed
in, and requires the engine be gutted down to the top cover, then a new
gasket is also necessary. And don't think that it will give you "plenty
of warning". THAT's a pipe dream, and I'm living proof. I had one go
from totally silent to screaming like a banshee in just a little over a
hundred miles.

THAT is why the QC bearing is such an improvement!

-Mark