<VV> The 3 Greatest Corvair Improvements

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 19:32:19 EDT 2007

Agreed, but the Beetle only used the exhaust from two cylinders.
911s use jacketed headers for their heat, and they do actually make some
decent heat! This is a more comparable scenario.
Remember, there's one HELL of a lot of thermal energy in the exhaust  stream.
I can see SS headers in an enclosure delivering heat in a matter of 30
seconds or less! IT all boils down to how decent a heat exchanger is used.  Clearly
the VW Beetle units weren't.

In a message dated 4/9/2007 8:18:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,