<VV> Fan Bearing

Michael Cobb themoose at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 11 08:35:12 EDT 2007

Wow, talk about good timing.  Over the weekend, I had the "pleasure" of changing out a howling/fan belt eating old fan bearing for a shiny (well, matte finish) new Aluminum hub - with chrome plated pulley.  Now, the fan belt runs smoothly and is not wiggling

PROS: Great learning experience.  Good opportunity to seal some oil leaks. Really cool looking into the heart of the crank.  Good time to clean everything... Replaced old bolts with nice new bolts.

CONS: The longest/most time consuming part of the job is getting the gaskets off the engine, the baffle, and the top cover.  Very disruptive.

Hopefully, this new bearing will last longer than me and the car...

Mike
1966/PG/140