<VV> Popular Hot Rodding /Hemmings Classic Car - May 2007 issues

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Apr 12 09:19:13 EDT 2007

Which just backs up what I've always said, that the REAL plan GM had was
to replace the Corvair line wholesale in '67 with the Camaro. Hence all
of the Camaro's lines, inside and out, are straight off what became the
'67 Corvair. The '67 Corvair only remained in the production schedule
because of all the furor caused by Ralphie. His book made that plan
impossible to carry out, but had things gone to plan, instead of the
name "Camaro", THAT car would likely have carried the Corvair, Corsa, or
Monza nameplate. So in reality, the (first generation) Camaro is really
the third generation Corvair!

-Mark

P.S. Maybe my next project will be to make a 4door Camaro. Just shorten
the front doors and cut out the door jamb-to-drip molding part of the
quarter panel, and insert two pairs of doors! Viola! The perfect Camaro!
(G)