<VV> Novas and Vairs

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 10:43:30 EDT 2007

                                         B"H

I have to add my 2 cents here.  I've never driven a
Nova, but I would say that the IRS on the Vair,
combined with the traction offered by the rear engine
configuration, makes the Corvair a better handling car
than the Nova.  My vair handles better than any other
rear-drive car I've ever driven, including the host of
torsion-barred A-body MoPars (which were pretty good)
as well as full size Ford wagons from the Eighties
that I've owned.

I do remember my aunt's 1971 Chevelle Malibu Sport
Coupe which she got brand new in the spring of '71.
It had a 307.  She was very unimpressed when on the
highway on a windy day.  The Malibu would get buffeted
all over the road in those circumstances, and it was
definitely heavier than a Nova...Bill Hershkowitz