<VV> COMMUNIQUE' DISTRIBUTION SUGGESTION

George Jones georgedjones at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:21:28 EDT 2007

Rod and all,

This has been a formal suggestion to the CORSA BOD at least twice that I'm
aware of. I know the BOD is considering it, but one of their concerns is
membership loss if the Communique is available online or via PDF email. This
is a very valid concern because there are a number of club members who are
members only for the Communique. What would they do if the magazine was
available online? They would quit paying their $35 or $38 a year and just
read it online.

I believe what they are trying to do is identify resources and technology to
make it available to members online, but keep non-members from having access
to it. I don't blame them for their concern because we would see passwords
go up for sale to the highest bidder, or even given to buddies.

To me, it's sad that some members think that the only thing CORSA does for
them is to provide them with a magazine. I believe CORSA needs to be a
little more proactive in letting its membership know what else it offers to
members, especially the intangibles that we seem to take for granted.

--
George Jones