<VV> RE: slow Dialup Download times / MS WINDOWS?????

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 17:53:39 EDT 2007

As one who has them all.....   modem at one home [ 4-7 kb  per second],  3mb
cable at another,  1mb  DSL  in my apartment,  and 256kb  Satellite at my
different work stations.....  I know what I'm talking about!! GGG

"Windows"   How many do you have in your Home?   Can you go to each window
and look  out and see something different?   When you move to another window is
something else going on?  When you go back to the 1st window has that
something CHANGED??

Why do you think Microsoft calls it WINDOWS???

When I use the dialup....I use AOL  as my provider.......I read Emails from
VV!,   1st thing to happen after a few emails...opps, there's that pesky AVG
Virus protection UPDATE....I minimize that window and continue reading
mail...dang   Julie sent me another   link to a video on the web.........so I go there
and then minimize AOL.........

Now I open Internet Explorer and go to my Favorite Corvair
Website....dang... Mark Wright [ solo2r]  has posted another great video of last weekends
autocross win...so I click on it!  Now I go to IE  icon again and open another
Window / instance  of IE  and go to Ebay......I minimize it as it searches for
Corvairs!!!

I now  see the Icon for AVG  is gone from the taskbar, so I go back to AOL
and see if the Wepage Julie sent is finished loading.....it is, so I watch
it...then on to other emails....then back to Ebay  and finally back to the Corvair
Center........

Only trouble is..  a friend wants me to send her the  collection of hi
resolution pictures we took on the last trip we made......and I'm Hungry  and have
agreed to meet friends 6 miles away  for Breakfast!

So I  start the email  upoad  and Walk  out the door!  The  Software  you use
will shutdown the  connection as soon as it's done....and your PC will go to
sleep!

Note:  you can do this at night as you go to bed!

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!