<VV> Electric Heater Upgrade?

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 22:18:01 EDT 2007

                                      B"H

Hi all...does anyone know of a successful conversion
of the Corvair heater system to electric?  There are a
number of "ceramic" heaters out there at 12 volts and
300 watts or less, but from what I hear they aren't
powerful enough to heat a car's interior in the dead
of a New York winter.

However, I have heard of at least one '69 owner who
did the conversion.  Such a conversion, if done right,
could cure the "smelly interior" problem of the stock
heater, as well as reduce the problems of CO in the
cabin in the event of an exhaust system leak.

Thanks...Bill H.