<VV> competition events

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Fri Apr 13 10:24:45 EDT 2007

Aah the delimma of what to run at the convention.

I enjoy all of the events and will not miss any regardless of the conditions. I just want to be with my competitors and friends. However ,I  like you, want to know what the conditions and competition will be, so we can prepare. .

   Having a track day and a parking lot autocross means that your car has to do double duty. Our cars are evolving into single purpose cars. You must also realize that the not so " gear head" groups want to run also in their daily drivers or pristine concours car. It not just about us "racers".
  Speaking for the "gearheads" I don't give a diddly about the drive to the site or the cost if affordable. The drive to the site and the increased cost is NOTHING compared to the preparation and the tow to the convention. For example: I towed 3000 miles to Portland, so what if the great site is an hour away and costs $50?
    However, since I am on a fixed dwindling income, I must consider the cost of everything. I and others have considered bringing two cars to Detroit. We've done it before just to have a non- competition car available. Hmmm, at Lexington I would have been more cnmpetitive in Sharon's purple, late ,automatic with air, which was there.
   I do need to know if a car with 1 1/2 " ground clearance can run the autocross. I have the mufflered system ready that was prepared for Summit Point. Mufflers are the wave of the future--might as well get prepared now.
    I intend to run in  Specialty class no matter what car I bring just to assure last minute car changes. who knows which one will be running.?
  What I want to know from the membership is how many small cars are going to be in Specialty class. How about it Randy with the formula car, the Silver Fox, The Lola, others --Where are they going to be? I'll bring two (track and autocross) cars if you make it interesting. Getting way ahead of myself here--if it's slick(is it slick?) at the autocross , Tony Ellison's air conditioned sedan  will kick our butts anyway.
    How about a thread on what cars you'll be driving at either or both events.? Come on, fess up!
   What gears do we need at Waterford Ken?
   Warren