<VV> LM Wheel Well Trim

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Fri Apr 13 10:37:13 EDT 2007

As I recall,  there are several differences between wheel well trim for various years of LM Corvairs.

'65s have their own set of wheel well trim while 66-69 are the same, AFAIK.

1965:    Front. Two pieces each side. An arch, and a rear lower piece approximately where the rocker panel indentation/lower  body crease is located.
            Rear.  Originally three pieces each side. Arch, and lower front and lower rear pieces, again located and shaped to fit the lower body crease.
            Both front and rear:  Sticks out considerably more and sticks up much more than later years-almost like a shallow "C" channel..

1966-69: One piece for each wheel well.
            Mounting holes different locations than '65's. (I think).
            Profile is different.  Much thinner and doesn't stick up and outside the wheel well nearly as much - not as wide as '65's.
            Seem thinner in gauge - thickness of material, but not sure, especially toward 68 and 69.

A simple perusal of a vendor catalog, or a P&A 30, or Assembly Manual would prevent any tyro from asserting incorrect information.

Chuck S
BBRT