<VV> Spyder exhaust opening question:

Robert Hawley iamrgh at charter.net
Fri Apr 13 22:11:06 EDT 2007

Howdy all,  My car is in the paint shop and the body man has replaced the entire rear panel on my Spyder convert.  He removed the cutout for the exhaust from the original panel and welded it into the new panel to retain the original contours.  AFAIR, there was originally a  brace that  supported the small piece of contoured/curved rear panel metal between the rear air grill and the Spyder exhaust opening (to the right of the grill) or was it my imagination and there was never a brace there?  If it did exist on my car it is now gone. Does anyone have a picture of what the brace looked like and at which two points it was attached? My body man can make a brace, but needs guidance in the details. I have looked in the Assembly, Tech and Shop Manuals for a picture of this brace and have found nothing - so my sanity is on the line (lol).  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob Hawley (1963 Spyder conv)