<VV> shiftless in tubeville

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sat Apr 14 07:45:20 EDT 2007

My approach to shifter overhaul has alwyas been to use the brass bushings and I do not use a liner of any kind. I do clean and smooth all working surfaces and use a medium weight grease. Never had a problem or any vibration noise from the tubes. Also, I always replace the clevis pin at the tranny. On my personal cars I weld the clevis end solid. I don't notice any difference in vibration but a definate improvement in crispness. Clarks offers a stiffer version of the clevis.

Rick