<VV> Rebuild III

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 14 20:31:19 EDT 2007

Well, ladies and germs,
	It looks like I'm soon to be ready for round three of putting the
"engine that would not live" together... AGAIN.
	I've finally ordered a new cam, fail safe gear, blower bearing and
cartridge, and NOS top block vent cover.  I'm also installing deep
dimpled lifters.  The cam, gear, blower parts, and cover should be
here by Wednesday of next week.  I won't be able to even begin to
reassemble until the weekend of the 28th as I'll have out of town
guests next weekend.
	I plan to double check the piston skirt clearances, the soundness of
the crank journals (found some very slight scratches), the round of
the rod connections, and have the oil cooler pressure cleaned at a
radiator shop.  If all goes well, hopefully I'll drive that little
hardtop of mine out of the garage at the end of May which would be
the first time since the original meltdown two years and seven months
(and two reassemblies) ago.

	Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to patiently answer my
seemingly never ending questions; your support that has brought me to
this point.  Hopefully, we'll all be rewarded with another Corvair
coming back to life.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvairium //

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110
Sierra Tan, originally (currently Copper) - Saddle, PG, A/C, original
AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, vertical bumper guards, zero
body rust, w/ 77K