RE: <VV> April communiqué

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Mon Apr 16 12:32:26 EDT 2007

I'm going to answer all you guys at once.

To those who want me to upgrade to high-speed, I'd do it in a heartbeat
- IF YOU PAY THE BILL!!! What a stupid comment, spending other people's
hard-earned money. Didn't you read my comments about it being
unaffordable around here? WAKE UP!!! And spend your own d@$^% money, not
mine.

I'm sure your comment is identical to the one made by a guy 130 years ago
when he had to trade in his self-maintained privy for the pipe to the
municipal sewer system and pay every month for privilege!

Progress often requires us to change how we do things, and those changes
usually aren't free.  If you've got dial-up, then at least 60% of the
Internet is currently unavailable to you, and your software (especially your
anti-virus software) is increasingly out-of-date because you don't have the
ability to adequately maintain it without a high-speed connection.  With
nothing pejorative intended, THAT is a situation that is only going in ONE
direction....and it ain't yours!  So you go right ahead and get your boxers
in a bunch at me (for all the good it'll do'ya).  The inescapable facts are,
you'll either get an HS connection sooner rather than later.....or go buy a
roll of stamps, because the one thing you simply WON'T be able to do is stay
where you are!

FWIW, I would welcome an on-line communiqué as both a better and cheaper
medium to disseminate it.  If you and/or others choose to not keep
up...that's your right and also YOUR problem!  Why should your problems be
forced on me, and why should I then be compelled to subsidize an expensive
solution to your problem?

BTW, I live on a farm out in the country, and _I_ found a way to get a
high-speed connection without spending an arm and a leg......my lappy can
get a Verizon HS Wireless connection in East Logjam, West Virginny and the
piney-woods of the Yoopee, so you were saying?

John