<VV> April commuique -- Libraries

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 13:52:14 EDT 2007

 > > 3. I know people who don't have computers either. They can go to
the library, put in their ID and member number and download a copy if
they don't want a computer in the house, or just don't want to fiddle
with them. < <

And then there are those enlightened places like Jackson County, Oregon
(home of the popular Oregon Shakespearean Festival), where one would
expect a high degree of literacy -- these are the recent headlines (loss
of funding options):

      Library staffs, users and supporters solemnly prepare for Friday's
      closing of the entire 15-branch system

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2007/0401/local/stories/libraryfinaldays.htm

It is less than wise to assume folks have computers, libraries, and
better-than-dial-up service. It might work as an opt-in option for those
that would want an online Communiqué, but are there really enough of
those folks to warrant the effort? Twelve noisy people don't a CORSA
make.  Raise your hands ...

Personally, I like having those old glossy high end Communiqués from
thirty years ago, if just to reminisce over -- probably wouldn't have
those if they were online back then.

Bill Strickland