<VV> The season begins--ramblings

Norm Witte norman.witte at comcast.net
Mon Apr 16 14:53:09 EDT 2007

A couple of weeks ago, before spring break, I went to pull one of my Corvairs out to drive it.  The weather was warm but the skies were a bit overcast.  We are in the process of building a new house, and the cars were stored in the new barn.  Because the overhead doors that are on the building are temps, the cars were parked in the back of the barn away from the doors and my wife has been steadily surrounding them with boxes, so it was really a chore to try to get them out.  After much shuffling and moving, I finally was pulling the blue Corsa out of the barn when it started pouring.  So back in the barn everything goes....

The next week we spent on spring break in Washington D.C.  We had one day where it was 80 degrees out, but there was snow on the Suburban the day we left.  Since then the weather has sucked, but this week it is struggling toward nice here in Lansing.

At lunch time I went out to the Suburban to run and get some parts, but the battery was dead, so my secrtary took me to the new house to get one of my other cars.  This time, when I pulled the blue car out, there was no downpour.  I went to the carwash to get the winter dust washed off, and one of the attendants asked whether it was a Ford product.  First question of the year.

Anyway, it's great to be puttering around in a Corvair again.  It may be only in the 50's out, but at least here, spring has finally sprung!

--
Norm Witte
DeWitt, Michigan

The Internet: a fantastic new technology that combines the accuracy of fourth-hand hearsay with the excitement of typing.