<VV> Was April Communique now rudeness

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Apr 16 17:21:59 EDT 2007

Larry
I'm gonna try and be nice.

I left because ONE person in particular kept me in his sights 24/7. He was banned from the list for his comments for 6 weeks.  He's back. I'm Back.  We don't communicate with each other any more, on or off the list.  I'ts over.  Thanks for trying to re-stir the pot and start something where there isn't anything.

  He then returned and one of his recent on line comments has concerned me for a while
> kaczmarek at charter.net wrote:
> > Ned, Needle Nose Ned, Ned the Head, Ned the Deer Hunter but(NOT RYERSON) says:
>
> Now I don't know if Ned and Hank are the best of friends or even know each other.  I've never met either one in person so my knowledge of them is what I've seen online.

Ned and I have "picked" at each other in a good natured way for more than the 3 years you've been around. The joke was not private.  Notice Ned didn't complain, nor did anyone else.

I have found in the 10 years I've been on this list, and 2 of which I was VV Chairman, that putting (HUMOR) in the subject line does NOT in anyway guarantee that A: The comment contains Humor.  B: that anyone will find it funny.

The only real reason for the (humor) label is this: Many of our members just don't have time to read posts that aren't germaine to the topic of Corvairs, and set up a filter so that all of those posts are put in a seperate file to read later, or sent directly to the trash basket.

> The above comment by Mr. K may be in jest but a considerable number of us  don't know that and it appears to me to be a bit offensive.  If the comment is an inside joke or something else I'm unaware of I certainly apologize,however, if it's not it seems to me to be wildly inappropriate.  Perhaps in instances like these the accepted acronym for joking or laughter could be added if it was meant in jest and if not it could be kept to oneself.

Or, you could have just realized you weren't in on the humor and ignored it.

BTW, you've obviously not watched GROUNDHOG DAY. That's where that line came from.  It was funny in the movie.

Besides, that was a week ago or longer--we're busy beating the Communique to death this week.  That post's ancient history.   It's certainly OK to lurk, but try to keep up with the rest of us, OK? <HUMOR HUMOR HUMOR>

All better now?

HANK