<VV> Important Things

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Apr 17 10:03:42 EDT 2007

Smitty says:  Connie and Norm expressed the sentiment of most of us on these deviant threads.  I am not a charter member of VV but I have been around long enough to know that even the worst threads burn out after a while.  I keep having faith that we will get back to Corvair technical stuff.
  Connie made a good point with her post about the smiles and recognition she gets from people when she drives her Vair.  When I had to downsize my fleet a while back I got a generic American car for the wife to drive.  (Something I would not have to maintain).  Since then she complains that she has become invisible.  She was used to people, old and young, waving and smiling.  Guys in big bucks cars making complimentary comments at stop lights.  I experience it in Spike.  Seldom ever go out but what someone honks and drops a window to say they learned to drive in one of those.  Or, their first car was exactly like that.  The pleasure of owning these unique cars and how to keep them alive is what we should be yammering about.  Not whether we get a magazine early or late in the month.  Get a life people.