<VV> (no subject)

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Apr 18 16:46:59 EDT 2007

Jack
Some of the EARLIEST 1960 models had what look like vents or louvers. Some on the drivers' side, some on both sides of the body panel under the bumper.

The Corvair Decade makes mention of them, but my copy is at home.

I have a guess, merely a guess.  Either an idea for an air intake into the trunk (perhaps gas heater related) or a place for the horns to go.  Or possibly just for decoration.

It's like the PG cable in the 60 models.  the EARLIEST 60's had a different cable connection than the rest of the entire production run to 69--threaded instead of the ball end and clasp.

Hank
Still a Caveman