<VV> Corvair powered 1970 911 Targa w/110hp & powerglide on ebay

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Wed Apr 18 21:49:55 EDT 2007

That's about it. The early 912 used the old 356 engine and has a plainer
interior, a bit less trim, etc. It also handles much better with the
less weight out back.

Otherwise it mimicked the 911 in body options (getting the longer
wheelbase when the 911 did in 68?) and disappearing when the 914 was
introduced... only to reappear for one year as the '76 912E with a 914
2L Type IV engine before being replaced in '77 by the Audi-based 924.

The 912 used to be the cheap way into this bodystyle...cheaper to buy
and much cheaper to run. But now 911 engines are cheaper to rebuild and
maintain... 356 parts being very expensive...

The interior in my car is actually from a 911... the 912 of the same
year would have had cheaper seats sans headrests.

Bill