<VV> Re: Saving Pics from Email / Webpages

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Apr 21 12:46:47 EDT 2007

airvair wrote:

>>Also, what e-mail program are you using?
>>

>I use Netscape. I have two versions (one crashed and cannot be used),
>plus Mozilla Thunderbird, which also crashed and cannot be used.

OK!

Let's get this problem out of the way first. There is a hitch in the
Thunderbird program in that a feature needs to be turned on, but comes
turned off when installed. Everything works great until a few months or
more down the road the program slows to a crawl. The folders need to be
compacted from time to time. You need to turn this feature on. The
Netscape version ( at least through 7.1) did this automatically when the
program was installed.

Instructions for automatically compacting folders in Thunderbird:

At the top of the screen click on Tools.
Click on Options.
Click on Advanced (side of screen).
Choose Offline Settings button.
Under Disk Space,
Check the box beside :Compact folders when it will save over ______ kb.
Put 1000 in the box for kb.

This has been my only problem I have ever encountered using Thunderbird
since Netscape went to 8.0 and dropped the mail program. Probably three
years ago, maybe more.

If Thunderbird has crashed due to folders too large, it IS recoverable.
Ask how  I know! A google search of the problem had links to instructions.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Knowledge_Base

 is a good place to start for any Mozilla problems.

I like programs like Mozilla because there is a great group of people
available on the web to help solve problems.

Humor:  "So how does that help if I can't log onto the web with my
browser to get help with my browser?"  Aah, the modern world...

Frank DuVal