<VV> Help with Spyder Speedometer

monza67 at aol.com monza67 at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 17:29:57 EDT 2007

I have a 63 Spyder dash in my dune buggy and can't seem to get the speedometer to work. I thought I'd ask some questions before actually pulling it out, since it isn't easy to pull. I know the cable is good and when I connect a spare Corsa speedo to it that one works. The odometer works in the buggy and the only way I can get the speedo to work is if the cable is not tightened down and then it only works some of the time. If I turn the end that comes out of the back of the speedo by hand, I can get the speedo to move. Do the speedo and odometer drive off of this same piece or are they somehow independant in the mechanism? Any ideas? Sounds to me like there is something that is not quite right in the speedo. It did seem to work good when I installed it about 2 years ago.
Are any parts interchangeable between standard speedos and the Spyder speedo?
Does anyone have a good used one for sale? Thanks, Chuck Prosise