<VV> Powerglide Leak ...

Rex Chivers rchivers at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 22 22:20:22 EDT 2007

Hello all,
    Working on the 65 vert (95hp pg), while waiting for the rampie to get
back from being painted.  The convertable has had a slight atf  leak that
has been getting worse lately.  Decided last week that I would change the
pan gasket to see if that would stop it.  No luck.  Ordered gasket set from
Clarks, which came in Friday.  Changed the o ring on the shift cable, the
govenor and the TV lever shaft, new pan gasket.  Still leaks.  Guess I will
have to pull the drive train out to solve this one.  It appears to be
leaking from the front of the powerglide unit and I am thinking maybe the
front pump seal.  Never been into a powerglide before, and have been looking
at the exploded drawings in the shop manual.  Any thoughts or suggestions as
well as things to avoid would be appreciated.  It is my daily driver so I
really want to minimize the down time...

  TIA
-Rex-

61 Rampie
65 Vert (leaky)