<VV> Corvair jack paint

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Mon Apr 23 22:54:10 EDT 2007

Hello Bob,

At 09:11 PM 4/23/07 -0400, Bob Bauer wrote:
>Anybody know if the factory painted these with gloss or semi-gloss.  I
>have found them both ways.

I have not studied the paint closely on Corvair jacks, but I suspect they
were painted the same way as the engine sheet metal; by dipping in
lacquer.  My thinking is that 60% semi-gloss is more likely to be
correct.  However, it is is possible that both gloss and semi-gloss are
correct depending upon which facility/supplier the jacks were made.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI