<VV> 3-Cylinder Vair motor

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 01:52:11 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/23/2007 1:47:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jallenm at comcast.net writes:

Scott: I  was at the Georgia Spring Fest at Helen GA .  I saw it run and I
was  amazed as to how smooth it ran . 1-2-3 Cyl's were firing . 2-4-6 no cyls

at all . he cut off old 2-4-6  Con rods to have something to counter  balance
.  I would guess it will develop 60HP . You got to see it to  Believe it '
Allen Charleston SC 64 Vair .

Actually 1 -3 - 5 were the firing cylinders, and it should run pretty
smoothly (everything is relative) No worse than a counterweighted Geo 3-cylinder
motor of the mid 90's. - I'll bet the Geo was also about half the displacement
of the late Vair. Hmmmm? Probably about 60 HP as well. Hmmm? Of course, with
the  three left side cylinders of the Vair not firing, the car would have a
definite pull to the right! <grin> - Seth