Fwd: <VV> Flush those Flush and Dry Rockers

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 12:38:56 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/28/2007 12:09:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chsadek at comcast.net writes:

wash all  the crud down to square hole on
inside of rear rocker panel just in front  of rear wheel well

Flushing the rockers was a spring and fall ritual for me.  (I still  flush
the back of the front fenders on my Bonneville, Olds 88 and Buick LeSabre  every
six months)  The flush and DRY Fisher Design did a lot more drying  than
flushing, but if you used a hose to flush crud out from front to back  as others
have said, the air flow would do a good job of drying things  out.  The
convertibles were harder to clean because of the inner  reinforcement, but they still
benefited from six month cleanings--especially in  the spring after all the
winter crud built up.  The LM cars also lasted  longer if you vacuumed out the
lower front fenders above the rockers by removing  the vents.  Vacuuming the
ledge above the lower hinge removed amazing  amounts of debris.  And the oval
opening at the top of the front rocker was  often blocked so air couldn't get
into the rockers at all.

My wife (and neighbors) would love for me to get rid of the '68 Monza   I
bought new in Germany.  It has little paint left on the top body  surfaces, the
front floor is mostly gone and there is rust in the usual fender  places, but
the rockers and rear floor are fine.  And this was a car that  went 27K in its
first 7 months on salty roads in Germany and over 100K more as a  daily driver
in Maryland.

Flush 'em or lose 'em.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair