<VV> Pictures of Cars

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 16:02:24 EDT 2007

You know, I love looking at pictures of peoples cars, especially on line. I
love it almost as much as checking out the engine compartments of Corvairs at
shows. (I always check out the ignition wires that are installed - force of
habit) As I was perusing the posted photos, it reminded me of Emerson's Garage
 law. Way back in the 50's (I googled to make sue) Cyril Northcote Parkinson
formulated the "law" that "work expands to fill the time available". If you
have  a 2 hour job to do, but 8 hours in which to complete it - It will take
you 8  hours to complete the task!  Brilliant, eh?
Anyway, Emerson's garage law states that "Automotive parts will expand (in
quantity) to fill the space available!" So, if you have a single-car garage,
you  will fill it up to full with parts, if you have a three-car garage, you
will  fill it up with parts as well. And, of course, I usually try to follow the
law!
The reason I bring it up now, is the application that the expanding  Internet
storage provides the opportunity for us to keep ANYTHING. Pictures, old
letters (dangerous) - Club newletters. Almost anything digital can be saved - to
fill the space available. Have 500 Gig hard drive? Save some home made video -
 FULL!! Anyway, keep on posting those pictures of your cars. I like to watch!
 (Peter Sellars - "Being There" -1979) - Seth Emerson