<VV> frozen rocker arm stud

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Apr 28 20:15:35 EDT 2007

Wow! I've never had one not release with a breaker bar.... Several have
come out with the stud still attached. As Matt said, if that happens,
just put the rocker/head stud assembly back in the head and torque as if
it had not happened. Putting the head stud in a vise and removing the
rocker stud is hard on the head stud, leaves grooves/scratches on it.

Eat your Wheaties.

Grinding the socket was a great idea. Most sockets have a champfer at
the end that limits contact with the nut.

You could try spraying penetrating oil up the back side (next to the
head stud).

Frank DuVal