<VV> Speedo number replacement

Phil philandcaroll at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 28 23:33:48 EDT 2007

I purchased a functional speedometer for my Spyder, it will be nice to have
one that works again. This afternoon I took it out of the dash panel and got
it lubricated, even painted the needle. One problem I noticed is the numbers
on the trip odometer wheel are peeling off, and don't look very good. I have
another I could rob parts off of, but have never taken one down that far.
Has anyone ever removed the number wheels? Second, how is the needle
fastened? I don't want to mess with this one too much, since it does work (I
hope!)

Phil

'64 Spyder convertible