<VV> Mirror search

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Apr 30 16:12:18 EDT 2007

When putting a mirror on the right side, you have to watch. If you
notice, factory mirrors have a slight angle in the mounting peg/mirror
ball, and how it's pressed into the arm/base part makes a difference.
With a true right hand mirror this pin is pressed in opposite of how a
left hand mirror is pressed in. (It also may be that right hand mirrors
have an entirely different pin, with a sharper angle.) Anyway, true left
hand mirrors will simply not have enough angle available if placed on
the right side, which is what happened to you.

There also seems to be a "universal" mirror out there that will
apparently work on either side. However, it's not a factory design.

-Mark