<VV> Mirror Aim

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 30 19:32:59 EDT 2007

Field of view is not THAT important if aimed as indicated at that link.  If
there is anything (anywhere) in the mirror, you probably do NOT want to make
a lane change at that time.  You KNOW where the rear end of your car is and
if you set the mirror to see it, it will always be in the same place - and
it will still be in that place even if not visible in the mirror.

The mirror (flat glass ones) need to be aimed just a tad outboard of where
you can see part of your own car.  We are now into the opinion area and I've
been setting mine this way for at least 20 yrs without incident (avoided
several).

Why have THREE mirrors aimed at the same spot - directly behind?

Later, JR