<VV> RE: Telescopic Wheel Range of Motion

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 00:08:08 EDT 2007

<snip>
What is the range of motion on a Corvair tele wheel/column, compared to
standard column?  How far in, or out does it move compared to standard?

I could go out to my storage unit and dig the Corsa out, but I think VVer's
will have the quicker answer.  This information will help me save a corvair
tele-column from being used in a Vette.
Thanks!
Eric Prosise <unsnip>

The Tele column in my '65 moves from the standard position to 3" closer to
the driver.  The Tele column in my '65 Corvette does exactly the same thing.
At my height (6'), I have to drive both cars with the wheel fully forward
(same position as a non-tele car).  In other words, the tele column is of no
benefit to taller drivers.
Craig Nicol
65,66,67,68 Corvairs
65 Corvette, 68 Camaro (desperately needs tilt!)