<VV> RE: Telescopic Wheel Range of Motion

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 23:42:57 EDT 2007

 ( Snip).....In other words, the tele column is of no
benefit to taller drivers. (unsnip)

<another snip> I am 6'-6" and have sport bucket seats installed that slide
back farther
than the stock seats (more leg room) and also recline (more headroom).  In
this case it is nice to have the steering wheel a little closer.

M Edmonds <another unsnip>

Agreed, for your height that's likely.  I too have sport seats in one of my
Corvairs, another has track extenders for the stock seats. In both of those
cases the stock wheel position is very comfortable (for me @ 6') when the
seat is where it needs to be.  My '65 Corvette us different though; the thin
stock seats are backed into a vertical bulkhead so there's no way to
accommodate taller folks or set the seat back beyond the stock location.
The tele column is of no particular benefit to taller drivers IN THE
CORVETTE.

Craig (drives the Corvairs way more than the Corvette) Nicol