<VV> Disc Brake Question

Chris vairchris at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:37:07 EDT 2007

I am having a 65 Convert reconstructed.  As an intended safety improvement,
I have upgraded to a dual master cylinder and have purchased the disc brake
conversion from Clark's.  This kit comes with a warning that under certain
conditions, the piston could contact the upper A-arm.  I will have brand new
springs and am not going to cut them to lower the car.  I am also not going
to drive this car in races or other extreme conditions.  I will be driving
it to shows and around the neighborhood and to show off now and then.

My sense is to leave the upper A-arm unmodified, but I wanted to see who
here had an opinion and to see if any of you have experiences with this kit
and any potential problems.

Chris