<VV> T-stat removal in Summer / Hot climates or when towing....

Matt Nall nalllm at verizon.net
Fri Aug 3 16:29:49 EDT 2007

" Uncouth / Stylish"  ??   Where did you hear that??  Sounds like   Stocker
Wacko/ Look at ME types!!!  LOL!!

It's about Physics....  surviving in the "real world"!

 For people who DRIVE their VAIRS  daily.. not weekenders / parades / shows
/ meets only

Those that LIVE in HOT areas....have always done it..

Those that live in cooler areas.. know that without them it's detrimental to
the engine...

This "World Wide Web" has just brought us all together!   Many,  when
reading  / answering posts...do not consider WHERE the Poster LIVES...

For the 1st 30 years of Vairs...no  T-stats on any....but I lived / drove
the Southwest deserts...

Now that I'm based in CoosBay, Or.  and  reside  in NE  Calif. [ 4500ft
elev.]   I have working T-stats on EVERY  car...and in the winter....it
FEELS soo comfy!

And the engines perform so nicely...

note:  on my '69 that I drove during winter [ -5F  and 5 ft of snow that
year....]  I actually increased Hot air Recirc to improve warmup and
economy..

Matt Nall
All Vairs!
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt