<VV> heat - muffler shield

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Aug 5 18:33:11 EDT 2007

As long as we're talking about heat...

Would it make any difference or do any good to paint the muffler side of the muffler heat shield silver or white?  It ought to reflect more heat away than black would but would it be a significant amount?   I need to repaint my slightly rusty one anyway so I got to wondering...  I got some silver and black paint so I can go either way with this.  Actually, I'm pretty sure it won't make much of a difference, it's just having the air gap there that keeps the valve cover cooler.

mikeH
Tidewater VA