<VV> Fan Processes

Crawford Rose crawfordrose at msn.com
Mon Aug 6 05:12:11 EDT 2007

I wrote to some fan manufacturers to see about having 60-61 fans reproduced
in a lightweight material but they suggested that the cost would be high.
If it could be done for under $300 per unit, I would be interested.
However, as the discussions have gone toward composite materials, I have to
admit that I get concerned about burst strength. The Chevy boys made the fan
heavy duty because catastrophic failure at high revs would do much
collateral damage to the motor and perhaps blind someone. Be mindful that a
26 piece fan has to have interlocking pieces for safety.
Crawford Rose