<VV> Re:MY DREAM GARAGE SO FAR (for corvairs!)windy

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 21:48:27 EDT 2007

i have a 100 amp service to my new shop with outlets all over , including
220 for welder , ham radio amplifier,and the oven that heats my heads for work
etc.all circuits are gfi protected. i also put 3/4 inch and 1 inch copper
pipe all over inside the walls for air distribution.  i have the compressor  in
the house garage so the noise does not get to the house or my shop. the floor
is an industrial product by rustoleum applied by a firm that does factories
etc.  it has carbide in it for a non slip surface (because my wife got  injured
badly falling on a smooth garage surface a while back).it is a tough  surface
resistant to all chemicals i can put to it , including lacquer thinner ,  mek
, carb cleaner ..etc.  i just used an iron wheel jack to move a non  running
lakewood in place on it , with no marks left. the guy who put it in for  me
said i would have to work hard to hurt it. oil spills from the car with no  pans
on the engine or tranny wipe right up..then i put cardboard under it. so  far
i love it.  just now moving in , building benches , painting  etc.  i put
lights in rated for quick start at 20below.,  lots of insulation ,  sheetrock ,
doorseals , thermal windows ... and a 70k propane furnace. our codes  wont
allow "solid fuel aka pellet stoves" in buildings with vehicles in  them.  i know
a lot of people do , but with the fines that could happen and  my "high
profile" here i elected to do it right.
i now have my 4 corvairs in there and cant wait to get it finished off. it
also has an upstairs for ham radio and model airplane work.
that's about it so far. it costs to do it , but better to do it right the
first time around...(of course i have pictures!)
regards, tim colson